Would you like to be part of a world-class organization that is making a difference in the lives of its participants and the community? Woodwynn Farms is a 193-acre organic farm and therapeutic recovery community for the homeless. We offer an opportunity to change people’s lives with educational and work programs based on responsibility, dignity, independence and the principles of peer-to-peer help.
We are currently accepting applications for the volunteer position of Volunteer
Coordinator. Yes, that is correct, we need a volunteer to coordinate our volunteers!
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Representing Woodwynn Farms to potential volunteers and in the community
- Demonstrating a high level of program knowledge through your own volunteer hours at Woodwynn
- Maintaining volunteer databases
- Providing and coordinating the provision of volunteer training
- Ensuring volunteer paperwork is complete, including contact information, confidentiality agreements and criminal record checks
- Coordinating volunteer events and work parties
- You will also have the opportunity to participate in morning meetings alongside staff, volunteers and participants.
You are self-motivated and able to work independently – a large portion of your time
is spent initiating contacts in the community and following up on leads for
recruitment. You have proficient computer skills with database use, Microsoft Office
and Internet search engines. You have previous experience with volunteer
recruitment, retention and recognition. You have a positive, upbeat personality and
are able to develop and promote staff and community relationships. You have an
interest in social issues such as mental health, addictions and homelessness, and a
wish to make your community better by supporting a program that helps individuals
to become self sufficient. Education in this field would be a benefit but is not
Business hours are Tuesday-Sunday from 8:30am-4:30pm. This is a volunteer position and schedule is flexible and may accommodate a work from home position.
Interested individuals may apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and references
to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Volunteer Coordinator”. A criminal record check is required upon offer of volunteer position. While all applications are appreciated, only those shortlisted will be contacted.